A regular schedule of cleaning and disinfection is crucial for protecting employees, customers, patients, and visitors. However, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic and in the face of other dangerous pathogens, maintaining constant disinfection is more important than ever. Maintaining this disinfection in between major cleanings can help protect your business from potential outbreaks caused by these dangerous pathogens.
Benefits Of Regular Cleaning And Disinfection
A professional cleaning and disinfection treatment isn’t a one-time thing. It may be tempting to think of professional cleaning as a chance to “catch up” to a place where your own employees can take over. The truth is that you get the most mileage out of regular professional cleaning and disinfection long term.
- You protect yourself from compliance issues. Professional cleaners stay up to date on the latest government guidelines, because it’s their job to do so. If you want to ensure compliance, hiring experts is the simplest way to do so.
- You get a more thorough cleaning. Trained professionals know how to keep a work environment safe and know where viruses are likely to thrive. They know where to pay extra attention and know which cleaners are approved by the HSE to tackle which pathogens. They know how long to leave a disinfecting agent on a surface for complete disinfection.
- You benefit from professional-grade equipment and training. To reduce the spread of dangerous pathogens and protect the health of others, cleaning professionals use HSE-approved disinfectants and the training that ensures appropriate, thorough disinfection for the business you own.
- You can get long-term disinfectant protection between cleanings. SaniMaster disinfection services may include an antimicrobial barrier that lasts up to 90 days to help fight bacteria, mould, and fungi. This barrier provides extended surface disinfection protection as part of our preventive disinfection services to provide peace of mind for your business.
Routine professional cleaning and disinfection from trained, well-equipped experts can provide long-term cleanliness and peace of mind in any situation where you’re worried about infectious diseases taking root and spreading. It’s a great way to keep your facility functioning without breaking the bank on stockpiling cleaning equipment or educating staff in combating each of the unique pathogens that can spread in a healthcare environment.
The Importance Of Disinfecting Surfaces
Beyond just regular cleaning and disinfection, keeping certain high-touch and at-risk surfaces disinfected on an ongoing basis is key. Simple, quick wipe-downs with soap and/or with surface disinfectants can help you maintain a safe and healthy environment. In addition to protecting staff and patients, frequent disinfecting can:
- Fight against antibiotic-resistant (AR) pathogens by taking regular action to completely wipe them out.
- Help remove pathogens from surfaces that may come into contact with bodily fluids
- Help combat long-lasting pathogens, including AR pathogens and HAIs that can linger on surfaces for days or even months.
- Help kill and/or remove pathogens from surfaces that are often neglected in casual cleanings, such as floors and walls.
- Allows onsite cleaning staff to focus on emergencies and simplifies the regular cleaning process, without having them shoulder the burden (timewise or materially) of disinfection for the entire facility.
- Even “noncritical” surfaces that aren’t frequently touched can become a factor in the cross-transmission of diseases.
Disinfection Guidelines To Follow Between Cleanings
As important as it is to regularly clean and disinfect your place of work, there are also many steps between cleanings that you can take to make sure that you’re keeping your workplace as sanitary as possible.
- Have employees wash their hands regularly, for the full recommended 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitiser before or after interacting with customers or clients, when handwashing is not immediately available. Hand sanitisers should be at least 60% alcohol.
- Regularly clean and disinfect high-touch areas and items such as computers, phones, desktops, testing equipment, touchscreens, tables, and more.
- Make sure that personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn properly. This includes wearing masks over both the nose and the mouth, as well as disposing of masks, gloves, and gowns properly as required.
- Take advantage of a protective antimicrobial barrier that can help combat bacteria, fungi, and mould.
- Be mindful of how often you replace your cleaning cloth, so that your disinfection attempts don’t become a vector for cross-contamination.
Rely On A Trusted Disinfection Company To Support Your Business’s Health
Having experts clean, disinfect, and protect your business from pathogens is the best way to ensure thorough, rigorous, regular protection. From training and education to target problem areas to the gear and cleaning agents necessary to tackle pathogens, ServiceMaster Clean couples short-term emergency disinfection with long-term preventive care.
Protecting your employees and clients from pathogens (and helping to protect your own reputation) can be as simple as calling the nearest ServiceMaster Clean location. Placing your trust in a cleaning and disinfection company lets you rest easy. You can be assured that your partner in cleaning has the knowledge and experience needed to help protect the health of your customers and employees. Learn more about our disinfection services and how our COVID-19 cleaning services can help your business be prepared to reopen.