With the weather being warm at the moment, making sure you regularly empty your office bins is important for the well being of your staff.
Why is it important to empty bins more regularly in warmer weather?
With it currently being warm around the UK, organising and keeping your bins clean is important for a number of reasons:
- Bins get smelly in warmer weather
– We’re sure you’ve smelt a bin that has been sat in a room too long, it isn’t a pleasant smell, and you definitely don’t want it wafting around the office.
- Flies and other insects will be attracted to the bin
– You 100% don’t want an insect problem or lots of flies dancing around the office, it can be very disrupting.
- Eggs can be laid in your bin by the flies and a maggot infestation may occur
– You definitely don’t want maggots in your office as they really do smell!
What can I do to stop my bin from smelling during the warmer months?
One of the main causes of the odour coming from your office bins is the cleanliness of the actual bin itself.
This is why having an office cleaner is important, especially for the health and well-being of the staff.
Here are a few tips to keep your office bins clean and odour free:
- Have separate bins in the kitchen area like food waste, cardboard only and general waste etc
- Ensure your cleaning team or external cleaning company empty the bins more often during the warmer months
- Get your bins cleaned regularly, especially the food waste bin to make sure no waste remains
- Try to keep the office bins for paper and general waste only, have a food waste only bin in the kitchen area or elsewhere
Keeping your office clean and tidy
Lots of companies allow the personalisation of your work area, but make sure it isn’t cluttered and messy.
- A clean office is better for your health
- Less clutter and a clean environment increases productivity
- A good first and lasting impression is important for visitors
For all of your commercial cleaning needs contact your local ServiceMaster Clean Contract Services here.